2. What information do we collect?
Primarily, we store the personal information that customers provide when they enter our website. This includes the information you provide when registering (surname, first name, password, telephone number, email address, gender and date of birth). If you create a Salonkee account via Facebook profile, we collect your Facebook profile picture in addition to the above information (no other information is collected from your Facebook profile). We also store data related to your account and transactions. This is necessary for us to provide our services properly. This data is transmitted to us by our PSD2 partner (a specialised company that ensures that the connection with your bank and the transmission of your transaction data is carried out in accordance with the security standards of the PSD2 regulation). It goes without saying that this collaboration is subject to strict conditions and is highly secure. As part of improving our services, we collect and store your usage data (e.g. IP address, type of medium you used when registering). Occasionally, it is also possible that you provide us with additional information/notes with regard to your care by our partners. We store the information submitted and process it in our database. When you contact us by email or via Intercom (a communication tool found at the bottom right of our website), we store a record of that conversation. This enables us to better assist you in future conversations. All of the above information is not publicly visible or viewable on our website (except for your first name and photo if you post a review on one of our partners' Salonkee page). Below is a summary table showing what personal data we hold, for what purpose and on what basis:
|What data?||For what purpose?||On what basis?|
Identification data:Name, first name, password, telephone number, email address, gender and date of birth, profile photo.
Bank account data:Banking or payment institution, account number, account type, account description, balance, available balance, currency.
Transaction data:Account number, transaction type, value date, transaction date, communication, currency, amount, reference, name and address of counterparty, payment initiation.
Data related to online payments (in accordance with PCI DSS, transmitted to Adyen in encrypted form):Surname, first name, account number, bank or payment institution, Customer Access Token, authorisation token of the bank or payment institution, IP address, payment data.
Usage data:Brand of device, operating system, location, cookies, usage data, crash logs.
Advanced data:Any type of data that you provide to us without being asked or that we obtain by asking you questions.
Communication:Any communication between us
Collecting information is important not only to provide you with a better user experience, but also to ensure that our services run smoothly. For example, your email address allows us to send you emails confirming appointments you have booked through Salonkee.lu. If you provide us with your phone number, you can receive an SMS with an appointment reminder within 24 hours before your appointment. This service is provided by external service providers: Spryng (Quellinstraat 49 2018 Antwerp, Belgium). The sending of SMS is a feature that you can deactivate by either logging into your Salonkee profile or by informing the partner salon that you no longer wish to receive this type of service.
What information do we collect?
When you visit and/or use our platform or partner pages such as our Facebook pages or contact us (including submitting an advertisement form), we may collect the following information:
- Personal Information that you provide to us when you create an account, sign up to receive emails, newsletters and alerts, and that you provide to us when you use our services (e.g. contact or Facebook forms).
- When you communicate with us (e.g. by email, phone or social media), we store the content of your communication as well as your contact details and our responses.
- Information about your visits and use of the Platform, such as information about the device and browser you are using, your IP address and location, your advertiser ID ("Identifier for Advertisers"; IDFA), the date, time and duration of your visit, the referral source and URL history of your visit to the Website and your interactions on the Platform, including information about treatments you are interested in.
How do we use your personal information?
In general, we use personal information to provide you with the services and products you have requested, to provide customer service, to display content and advertising that we think may be of interest to you, to send you marketing and promotional emails and to keep you informed.
We also use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To perform a contract or take action in connection with a contract.
- To the extent necessary for the performance of our business and to protect our legitimate interests, in particular :
- To inform you of new services that we think may be of interest to you, e.g. by email and by displaying advertisements on third party websites (where consent is not required; e.g. advertising to existing customers and non-targeted advertising).
- To personalise and customise notifications and commercial advertising to you and other users based on the information you provide and your use of our Platform and social media products and services.
- To investigate and respond to questions or complaints from you or others about our Platform or our products and services.
- To conduct internal research and analysis to see how our Platform, products and services are being used and how our business is performing.
- To conduct market research.
- In other cases where we ask for your consent, we process the data for the purposes explained in this framework.
- For purposes required by law :
- To respond to requests from the government or law enforcement agencies conducting an investigation.
- To meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
We have carried out a balancing of interests for all of the above processing that we carry out on the basis of our legitimate interest. For more information, you can contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawal of consent and other objections to direct marketing
Whenever we rely on your consent, you can withdraw it at any time, although we may have other legal grounds to process your data for other purposes such as those set out above. In some cases we may carry out direct marketing without your consent on the grounds that we are protecting our legitimate interests. You have an unrestricted right to object to direct marketing at any time. You can exercise this right by emailing us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We take the security of your personal information and the way we process it very seriously. Under no circumstances will we sell your personal information.
3. With whom is this information shared?
We take the security and the way we handle your personal information very seriously. We will never share or sell your personal information to business partners. However, in order to provide you with our services, we do need to share some of your information with third parties, which can be broken down into the following categories.
|Who receives your data?||Why do they receive your data?|
|Hosting providers||To be able to store your data in highly secure databases with encrypted data transfer.|
|Partners of Salonkee whose services you have used||To manage and complete your booking. This information is for internal use and, at your request, to administer loyalty or marketing programmes.|
|PSD2 aggregator||To establish a secure connection between our website and your bank and to ensure that the exchange of data with your bank is carried out in accordance with the security standards of the PSD2 regulations.|
|ICT service provider and API||To be able to communicate with you on the website or via email / SMS in a secure and confidential manner.|
|Competent authorities||We disclose personal data to law enforcement authorities if required by law or strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of crime or fraud, or if we are required to do so by law.|
In the case of indirect collection (i.e. when you make an appointment with one of our partner salons without visiting our website), the partner salon will only collect the following personal data: First name, last name, password, mobile phone number, email address, gender and date of birth. This exchange of information guarantees our partners the highest level of security (avoidance of "no shows" and "phantom profiles"). In this case, any request for deletion/modification of your personal data must be addressed directly to the salon(s) concerned.
4. Where do we store your personal data?
The data we collect from you is stored in the European Economic Area on secure servers provided by an external service provider: HostEurope GmbH, Hansestr. 111, D-51149 Cologne, Germany and 1&1 IONOS SE, Elgendorfer Str. 57, D-56410 Montabaur, Germany.
5. How long will your data be kept?
6. How can you access and correct your personal data?
You have the right to request Salonkee to access and correct your data. You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of the processing of that data, and you have the right to request portability of your personal data where required by law. If your data was collected when you registered on our website, you can easily change your first and last name, date of birth and gender by logging into your Salonkee profile. If you wish to change your telephone number and/or email address or have any other questions about your personal information, you may contact us by email by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible. As part of processing your request, we would like you to provide us with the following information:
- Your name and postal address ;
- a photocopy of your passport or national identity card so that we can verify your identity ;
- the reason why you wish to exercise your right of access, rectification, erasure, opposition, restriction or portability in relation to your personal data or to withdraw your consent, if applicable ;
- Your signature and the date of the request ;
8. Our policy on cookies
First of all, what is a cookie? A cookie is a small, very simple file (actually a text) that is stored on the hard drive of an Internet user's computer at the request of the server that operates the website being visited. It contains information about navigation on the pages of this website. The original idea behind it is to facilitate further use of the website by the same person. In other words, a cookie is used to identify a user's preferences when visiting our website. Like many websites, our website uses this standard technology to collect information about how our website is used. The information collected by the web server cookies includes the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, the time spent on our website and the websites you visited before and after your visit to our website. This helps us to better understand user behaviour, tell us which parts of our website were visited (and how you arrived at our website), and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of your experience. Important note: Cookies do not allow us to collect any personal information about you. Cookies are important because they allow us to distinguish you from other users when you use our website. The purpose of cookies is to learn how our website is used so that we can continually improve it and provide you with the best user experience.
9. How can i remove or block cookies?
Users of Salonkee.lu / Salonkee.de / Salonkee.be / Salonkee.com / Salonkee.ch / Salonkee.nl acknowledge that they have been informed of this practice and allow Salonkee to use them. Users who wish to reject cookies may do so by changing their browser settings. By rejecting cookies, users acknowledge that certain offers or features of this website may not function.
10. Your consent